Questions and answers about getting with In Reach
Frequently asked questions
With a new program come a lot of new questions. So we decided to help answer those most frequently asked.
General Program Information
Qualifying for InReach
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program's free lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
This definition applies to the term household for all consumers applying for InReach™.
- Lifeline, and InReach™ as T-Mobile’s brand name for Lifeline, is a government assistance program.
- Lifeline benefits and InReach™ service is non-transferable
- The InReach™ program is limited to one discount per household
- Violation of the one-per household rule is not permitted under federal rules and will result in the subscriber’s de-enrollment from the program and possible criminal prosecution by the U.S. Government
Additionally, customers who ultimately receive benefits through InReach™ are also subject to conditions of receiving those benefits, including that:
- All customers participating in the InReach™ program will be required to:
- update their residential and/or billing address within 30 days of a move;
- notify T-Mobile within 30 days if s/he no longer qualifies for the InReach™ program; and,
- recertify periodically and, at minimum annually, that they remain eligible to receive the discount and if they fail to timely do so, the discount will be removed from their account and they will be required to requalify for the benefits.
- Customers who provide a temporary, as opposed to a permanent, address may be required to certify that their address remains the same every 90 days until they notify T-Mobile of a permanent address.
- Customers who indicate that they live in a shared, multi-household residence may be required to complete an extra form.
Applying for InReach
You may also download or print a copy of the application form for your state, once we validate your address, here. Once completed, you can mail or fax in your application and supporting documents to T-Mobile at:
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87176
- Writing to us at T-Mobile-Lifeline Support, PO Box 37380, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87176
- Faxing your request to 1-813-348-5724
- Calling T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997 and asking for US Lifeline or InReach™
- Visiting a T-Mobile retail store and requesting a printed application